Everything important for the election!
Attention! Until April 8th 2019, your ÖH contribution (and study fee) must have been received by the Department of Studies to be eligible for election! If you did not make it, you are unfortunately not entitled to vote.
Who is entitled to vote?
All regular students of BOKU with a valid student ID (BOKUcard). This means all students who have paid the Student Union fee (ÖH-Beitrag).
Outgoing exchange student (even if abroad)
Students from abroad (Non-EU-countries)
NOTE: To be entitled to vote, the Student Union’s fee (ÖH-Beitrag) as well as any incurring tuition fee (if applicable) must be transferred and visible at the Studienabteilung by April 8th.
What can I choose?
There are 3 "levels" of the ÖH election:
The choice of study representative is a selection of persons, that is, Direct candidates are chosen as representatives for a particular field of study. Depending on the number of students, it is composed of 3 (WOW) or 5 persons (all others) and is a direct point of contact for students of the particular subject.
You can find out which studies you can vote for in the articles on the last page.
If you are enrolled in several studies, you may also choose several study assignments.
If you are an individual student, you can be assigned to a student assignment. For more information, see "ÖH choice for individual students"
The university representation represents the interests of the students against the BOKU and the ministries. Here, students can choose only one list and not individuals. There are different groups and lists, which, depending on the election result, send mandates to the university representation and parliamentary committees (Senate, Senate Study Committee, ...). Depending on the result of the election, the university representation is filled by representatives of the respective list and is the highest body in which students have a right to participate in the university.
The Federal Representation represents the interests of the students against the ministries, the university conference, the college of higher education, the rector's conference of the educational colleges, the Austrian private university conference and the university conference. The task of the Federal Representation is to help shape the university policy. Again, you can select one of the candidate factions or lists by list right. Depending on the number of votes, they are sent to the Federal Representation, the Student Parliament, which comprises 55 mandataries. The ballot is uniform throughout Austria. Even if you are studying at several universities you can only choose the federal representation one time.
Wen kann ich wählen?
The candidates for all study assignments can be found as pdf
The standing factions are:
- Unabhängige Fachschaftsliste BOKU (FL BOKU): http://www.flboku.org/
- AktionsGemeinschaft BOKU (AG-BOKU): http://www.ag-boku.at/
- Basisgruppe Grüne & Alternative Student_innen BOKU (bagru*gras*boku): http://boku.gras.at/
- Junge liberale Studierende (JUNOS): http://studierende.junos.at/wien/boku-wien/
- Ring freiheitlicher Studenten (RFS): https://www.facebook.com/rfsboku/
- Verband Sozialistischer Student_innen in Österreich (VSStÖ): http://boku.wien.vsstoe.at/
If you have any questions
Please contact us: email@example.com
What else can you expect?
In the middle of May 2017 an ÖH Wahlausgabe (ÖH Magazine) comes with all the candidate studies, fractions and a lot of information directly to your home.
- Information from ÖH BOKU will also be sent by e-mail - we will try to keep it as compact and as tight as possible.
- There will be BOKU online circuits to remind you of very important deadlines
- This information page will be updated regularly
- Perhaps, maybe there are also old and re-established goodies for those who go to the election ?! ;-)