Study grant authority
You can find all important information about grants at www.stipendium.at
The study grant authority in the Gudrunstraße 179a is 1100 Vienna,
Tel.: 01/601 73
Party transport: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9-12 pm
According to Section 48(4) of the StudFG, persons receiving study grants are obliged to "notify the Student Aid Authority within two weeks of becoming aware of any situation which results in the suspension, reduction or lapse of entitlement to study grant".
In order to avoid unpleasant consequences (loss of entitlement, repayment), the following circumstances must be reported to the scholarship office in good time:
- Discontinuation of studies
- Change of course
- Degree (also carried out by studies carried out in parallel with the funded studies!)
- Change in marital status (including parents)
- Change in the training of siblings
- Changes in earnings (Note: Earnings allowance = € 10,000/year)
- Performance of the presence, training or civil service or services in accordance with the Voluntary Act
It is also recommended that you report immediately for the following changes:
- E-mail address
- Birth of a child
Frequently asked questions
- Can I extend the study grant (SBH)?
The important reason must be present during the course or in the relevant study period. The extent of the extension varies between one and several semesters depending on the reason for the extension. In individual cases, an extension of the duration of the claim is only possible up to the maximum of twice the planned duration of study.
Important reasons to extend by one or more semesters:
- Pregnancy (extension one semester per pregnancy)
- Care and education of children up to the age of 6
- Presence, training or civil service or services according to the Voluntary Act in the relevant study period/study
- Disability (degree of disability at least 50%)
- Illness (specialist confirmation)
- Unforeseen or unavoidable event
Important reasons for extending it by one semester:
- Study abroad (traineeships abroad are not grounds for extension)
- Time-consuming master's thesis/diploma thesis/dissertation
- Exceptional study burden
Extension of the period of entitlement for ÖH functionaries:
Students who have exercised or have exercised a function within the framework of the Austrian Student Union within the meaning of the HSG can also receive longer study allowances. Depending on the type and duration of the function performed, the duration of the claim can be extended by a total of four semesters for the entire course of study. The prerequisite is an application to the competent scholarship office using Form SB 9.
- Can I change my studies?
Yes, but note:
Therefore inform the study authority in good time!
- What is the salary limit?
The earnings limit is basically € 10,000,- (as of 01.01.2020) per year. This can also increase if maintenance is provided for own children (by at least € 3,000 per child, see Studying with child). However, the limit is shifted even if aid is not received all year round! Read more here!
- How often can I apply?
There is no restriction. We therefore advise everyone to submit an application. In the worst case, it will be rejected.
- Is it possible to extend due to ÖH activity?
Students who have exercised or have exercised a function within the meaning of the HSG within the framework of the Austrian Student Union may also receive a longer study grant. Depending on the type and duration of the function performed, the duration of the claim can be extended by a total of four semesters for the entire course of study. The prerequisite is an application to the competent scholarship office using Form SB 9.